Why should I take the PADI Divemaster course in Dauin?
Taking you PADI Divemaster course in Dauin is the beginning of your life as a PADI Pro. If you want to change careers, live the life you have always dreamed of, build your self confidence or just challenge yourself, then taking your PADI Divemaster course in the Philippines is the way to start – and you’ll never look back!
- Get a dive job and become a PADI pro. Grab the opportunity to earn a living doing something you love and that others only dream about. Work your way around the world. Follow the sun.
- Share your passion with others. Become a mentor, a leader and a respected PADI dive professional.
- Upgrade your dive theory and fine-tune your dive skills. You’ll be amazed at how much progress you make. It’s our guarantee that you’ll leave Baki Divers as a safe, capable and confident diver.
- Do something different, challenge yourself, and take what may be a life-changing step.
- Do lots and lots of diving, meet new people and make new friends.
Who can join the PADI Divemaster course?
You don’t need to be an expert diver to join the PADI Divemaster course. Join it because you want to become an expert diver. As long as you are 18 years or older the divemaster program is right for you.
What are the requirements to join the PADI Divemaster course?
- Be a Rescue Diver (PADI or any other dive agency)
- Have at least 40 dives experience
- Have CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all these criteria. Get in touch and we’ll create a program that includes everything you need.
Can I join if I’m a complete beginner?
Yes you can.
How long does the PADI Divemaster course in Baki Divers take?
The PADI Divemaster course in Baki divers takes 8 weeks. This is long enough to meet all requirements for the PADI Divemaster course and become certified as a PADI dive professional.
But longer is definitely better. You don’t want to meet the requirements, you want to exceed them. You want to be the very best Divemaster you can.
Then we offer additional weeks and charge an additional fee for each extra week you can stay. Why take additional weeks?
- do lots more great diving (the diving in Dauin and Apo Island really is world-class, the best in the region)
- improve your air-consumption, your buoyancy, your general diving skills
- get more hands-on experience guiding divers in the ocean
- get more hands-on experience helping students in the pool
- get more hands-on experience assisting Instructors on dive courses in the ocean
- meet more friends, have more fun, more excitement and more laughter
- who doesn’t want to spend more time in the beautiful Philippines?
What will I learn during my PADI Divemaster course at Baki Divers?
You’ll dramatically improve your own diving skills. That’s the biggest benefit of taking the PADI divemaster course where you can experience a range of diving conditions. You’ll develop better buoyancy, better movement in the water, you’ll dive more calmly and more confidently. You’ll learn how to navigate on a dive instead of always following-the-leader. You won’t fear getting lost or getting left behind. Your air-consumption will improve. Won’t it be great to be the last in the group to run out of air instead of the first? You’ll learn how to read the currents and understand the tides. You will leave the island of Negros with the skills and confidence to dive in even the strongest currents.
You’ll dramatically improve your own diving knowledge. About currents, about equipment. About the human body and how diving affects it. About depth and pressure and the air we breathe. Most importantly you’ll learn about decompression sickness (‘the bends’): the signs and symptoms, how to avoid it and how to treat it.
You’ll learn about our beautiful oceans. How precious and fragile they are and how to protect them.
What will I do on the Divemaster program at Baki Divers?
Each day will be different. Your PADI Divemaster course in Baki divers will be the training and trip of a lifetime.
Join trips, guide divers, give dive briefings, and help beginners master their skills. You’ll learn the skills and understand the responsibilities of supervising students and certified divers. You’ll work intensively with your own Instructor to fine tune your own dive skills. You’ll study the theory and we guarantee you’ll pass your exam. You’ll learn about equipment and tanks and how to fill them. You will even get a taste of underwater photography and technical diving.